We've created a safe environment to resume treatments that were paused due to COVID-19. We're also accepting new appointments for cleanings and preventative care.
Frequently Asked Questions
What dental insurance coverage do you accept?
We accept most insurance plans, including Medicaid, State Children's Health Insurance Programs (SCHIP), and United Concordia's Tricare. We are also able to accept most private insurance, such as Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, Delta Dental, Guardian, and United Healthcare. If you’re unsure if your visit will be covered, contact our office staff.
Does pippin Dental accept Medicaid?
Yes, as part of our commitment to providing affordable care, we accept Medicaid, as well as State Children's Health Insurance Programs (SCHIP), and United Concordia's Tricare.
Do I need to bring anything to my appointment?
Always bring a current insurance card for the patient receiving care, as well as a photo ID. Additional information that may be required includes the patient or guardian’s birthday, employer’s name and phone number, and the phone number of your insurance company.
How do I reassure my nervous child before their visit?
Talking to your child about what they will experience at the dentist is the easiest way to help them feel more comfortable. Other ideas include:
- Playing dentist. Help your child imagine their visit. Have them sit in a chair that leans back and practice holding their mouth open. Discuss the importance of sitting still, and reassure them that the dentist is there to help them.
- Reassure your child. Let your child know that you will be there with them during their visit. Often, bringing a comforting toy or blanket along helps young children feel more at ease.
- Share stories. Find books and videos for children about visiting the dentist. Your local library and the internet are great resources for kid-friendly stories and videos.
- Lead by example. Remember that your child sees you as a role model. Set an example through your regular oral health habits and approach to visiting the dentist.
- Bring them along. Allow your child to accompany you during your next visit to the dentist. Address any questions that may arise.
What should I expect during my child’s first visit?
Pippin Dental provides caring, quality service to all of our patients, and your child is no exception.
Our friendly staff will help set your child’s mind at ease by explaining each procedure in simple terms. Your child will have the opportunity to ask questions before we begin. We do everything we can to keep your child calm. This sometimes includes the use of local anesthesia to minimize discomfort.
When your child’s exam is complete, we’ll make sure that you and your child understand the procedure and proper ongoing care.
How much will my visit cost me?
Out-of-pocket costs can vary depending on what your insurance company covers. Preventative care is usually covered by insurance, although sometimes you may be required to provide a co-pay. Our office staff can help you understand what your insurance covers.
Can I stay with my child during their appointment?
You are welcome to attend your child’s appointment. Most of the time, this is comforting for children, but at times your presence may be a distraction. Our staff will help you make the best decision for your family.
Is Pippin Dental accepting new patients?
Yes, we are currently accepting new patients.
If you’re curious about your dental insurance coverage, you can discuss it with your staff when you schedule your visit. We accept many major dental insurance plans and are happy to help you understand your coverage.
Can I set up a payment plan for my treatment?
We do offer payment plans for patients who qualify. To discuss your options, contact a Pippin Dental staff member. We also provide other options for payment, including CareCredit. Our staff is happy to help you find the option that is best for you.
For help understanding the cost of treatment, request a consultation and we’ll provide you with an estimate of costs and a plan for treatment.